I am finally back from my little break and have so many posts to share with you guys!
I thought I would start with a recipe and for any Terry’s lovers this is the perfect treat for a cozy evening in. I am obsessed with Bake Off (even now Mary Berry had left) and I have been baking non stop. It only takes a few ingredients and hardly any time at all so get your aprons on and lets bake!
- 175g butter
- 175g golden syrup
- 175g muscovado sugar
- 350g porridge oats
- a handful of Choc orange segments
- 2 tbsp of orange juice
1) In a large sauce pan add your sugar, butter, golden syrup & orange juice and stir on a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted.
2) Remove from the heat and leave it to cool for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile add your oats and chocolate to a large heat proof bowl and combine well. Add your syrup mixture and combine until all the oats are coated and the mixture is soft and gooey.
3) Line a 20cm baking tin with baking parchment and pour your mixture in. Use a piece of parchment to pat down the mixture and spread it evenly making sure all the corners are filled as well.
4) Place in the oven at 150C/300F/Gas 2 and leave for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for around 1/2 an hour then place in the fridge for a further 1/2 an hour.
5) Finally serve, eat and enjoy!